Terms of Service
PayGov.US provides government sector payment and reporting services to state and local government agencies only. PayGov.us does not provide services to Federal agencies. PayGov.us is not associated with, or endorsed by, the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Financial Management Service (FMS). FMS provides government sector payment, reporting, and other services, to Federal government agencies, under the FMS Pay.GOV service mark.
PayGOV.US charges a convenience fee to use this service to make the payment. This fee is separate from the primary obligation you are paying. The convenience fee is included in the “Total Payment” line.
Completion of a payment transaction is contingent upon both the authorization of payment by your card company and acceptance of your payment by the governmental authority or other entity you are paying. In the event that your payment is unable to be processed, PayGOV.US will attempt to notify you at least once using the contact information you have provided. In the event your payment is not processed or authorized by your card company or the applicable entity you are seeking to pay fails to accept your payment your payment liability shall remain outstanding and unpaid and you will be subject to all applicable penalties, late fees and interest charges assessed by the relevant entity thereon, all of which obligations remain your sole responsibility.
Users who are making a credit or debit card payment electronically are reminded to complete that there MAY be additional steps in the process. A successful payment through PayGOV.US does not guarantee that your obligation is complete. Making a payment through PayGOV.US only satisfies (all or part of) your obligation to pay.
1. You agree that you are the cardholder and that you have made this charge knowing that you must follow any and all payment rules and agreements to the issuing card company.
2. You agree that the PayGOV.US service fee is non- refundable for any reason.
3. You understand and agree that PayGOV.US will forward the payment amount to the Agency and these funds will become the property of the Defendant or Payer for whom this payment is being made.
4. The submission process uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to virtually eliminate the possibility of unauthorized access to your private information while it is transferred across the Internet. Your personal financial data is NOT stored on computers administered by PayGOV.US. However, by submitting this information electronically you are acknowledging that neither the city and/or county, nor PayGOV.US assumes any liability for data submitted via the Internet platform. Further, by using this service, you agree to release the city and/or county where the violation occurred or the claim was filed, the court and its personnel, and PayGOV.US LLC, its principals, employees, agents, officers, directors, affiliated companies, successors and assignees (collectively the “Providers”) from any and all causes of action sounding in contract or negligence based upon the information provided to you or the court or distributed to you or the court.
5. The Providers cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any provided information and expressly disclaim any warranty including merchantability and fitness for a particular use beyond the extent of the filing fees paid by the User for the service. In no event shall the Providers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the program or with the delay or inability to use it, or for any information, software, products and services obtained through this program, or otherwise arising out of the use of this program, the Internet generally or on any other basis (whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise).
6. You as the user agree not to challenge the use of electronic payment, and additionally agree that any action brought by the Providers against you to enforce any electronic payment for which any benefit has been provided to you in any way shall entitle the Providers to per se probable cause for criminal action for the theft of services or for civil recovery of all fees paid, plus process fees, plus costs, plus attorney fees, plus any incidental or associated damages proven by the Providers. Any such civil actions shall be bought in the courts of Indianapolis, IN without regard to choice of law, and all parties consent to jurisdiction and venue therein.
7. By submitting your information online, you are verifying that you are 18 years or older and that you are:
a. Legally authorized to make purchases on the credit or debit card associated with this transaction.
8. You consent that your participation in this process and the authorization you are providing hereby will be construed to be the same as if you had provided a payment and signature in person.
9. Nothing herein is to be construed as legal counsel or advice. Users should consult with their own legal counsel with respect to the implications of making the payment through this system.
10. You understand and agree that any refund of this payment amount will come from the Agency.
11. You understand and agree that any refund due may be made payable to the Defendant or Payer for whom this payment is being made.
12. You understand and agree that the fraudulent use of credit or debit cards is a felony, punishable by imprisonment of up to 20 years, fines of up to $10,000.00 and the forfeiture and seizure of personal property (18 USC ss 1341, 1343, 1029). You further understand that jurisdiction is Indiana.
Card Authorization Agreement
By clicking the “I Agree” button you hereby confirm your acceptance of the convenience fee charged by PayGOV.US and agree to pay the “Total Payment” amount indicated, subject to and in accordance with the agreement governing the use of your credit or debit card.